LG Chem’s Residential Energy Storage Unit (RESU) is one of the best residential solar batteries on the market today. It’s designed for efficiency and convenience, ready to be paired with whatever existing solar systems you have at home. You can also easily connect it to your solar inverter.
How does the LG Chem battery work?
An LG Chem Battery is connected to the solar inverter for easy charging and discharging. It can store between 9.6 kWh to 16 kWh of energy, depending on its size.
Like any other solar battery, the LG Chem Battery stores excess energy from the solar panels. Depending on your energy consumption and power-saving habits, there are times when your solar panels generate more power than you need.
With a solar battery, you can collect the excess energy for later use and prevent it from going to the power grid. Instead, you can use the stored electricity when the power is out.
Older RESU models have many variations that can fit solar inverters from different brands. The installers can choose the right RESU for you. But now, they’ve developed Prime batteries that work with various types of inverters from different brands.
Benefits and advantages of the LG Chem Batteries
- Lighter and more compact
- DC-coupled, so they’re highly efficient
- Can work with many types of solar inverters
- Easy to install and maintain, coupled with great customer service
- 95% depth of charge, great for damage prevention
- Storage can be increased to 32 kWh by buying another battery
- 94.5% roundtrip efficiency energy outputs of 9.45 kWh per 10 kWh of power stored, which is higher than its competitors
- 10-year warranty
- Sold by various solar companies
Also, LG Chem Battery qualifies for the federal solar tax credit, so you can enjoy its specs and convenient installation and pair it with your existing solar system for a lower price.
So, is the LG Chem Battery worth it?
Yes. It is not only the energy storage that can become handy when there’s a power outage that you are paying when getting the battery. It’s the brand.